WHO ARE OUR BOARD MEMBERS?
Chairman of The Board • Finance Committee • Attorney At Law
Attorney Gholar has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for more than forty-four years.
Attorney Gholar and his wife, Dr. Cheryl Gholar are the proud parents of two adult children.
Attorney Gholar earned a B.A. in History and secondary education from DePaul University. He also received his Juris Doctorate degree from DePaul University, College of Law.
Attorney At Law
• John H. Gholar is a practicing attorney and has been a licensed practicing attorney for more than thirty-eight years, concentrating in the areas of real estate, probate, landlord/tenant and family law.
Retired after thirty-three years of service to the Chicago Police Department, receiving numerous awards and commendations for meritorious performance and service provided to the citizens of Chicago, where he serves as a legal officer in the office of the General Counsel to the Superintendent of the Chicago Police Department.
• Served as the Contracts Compliance Officer for the Chicago Police Department as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Compliance Officer.
Attorney Gholar served four years in the Air Force, spending most of those years in the Far East, primarily Japan and South Vietnam.
• Served on an Honor Guard detail for the late Emperor of Japan and the late Dean Rust, Secretary of State in President John Kennedy’s and President Lyndon Johnson’s administrations.
• He has served in the Youth Department, Jail Outreach Ministry, Chairman of the Board of Directors and the Man Power Ministry.
Finance Committee • Tax Analyst • Finances and Accounting
Brenda Alexander has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for sixty-two years.
Retired U. S Army, Corps of Engineers, Finance and Accounting
• Budget Planning
• Planned and conducted budget development
• Prepared budget estimates, distribute budget estimates, developed budget formulation
• Maintain audit trails
• Provided customer
Retired Chicago Public Schools, Attendance Coordinator
• Responsible for school attendance, truancy prevention
H & R Block Senior Tax Analyst 28 yrs
• Diverse computer technology skills and budget training
• Review financial records and prepare the tax return
• Customer service to perform audit letters received from Internal Revenue Service
MISSIONARY MARY NUNNALLY
Administrative Committee • Social Worker for DCFS
Missionary Mary Nunnally has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for fifty-five years.
Missionary Mary Nunnally earned a B.A. in Psychology from National Louis University.
She earned a M.A. degree in Counseling from Roosevelt University in Chicago.
Company: Department of Children and Family Services
Title - Supervisor
• Licensed Social Worker for 24 years
• Supervisor in the placement and operations division. Supervises social workers.
MISSIONARY IRMA HARBIN
Administrative Committee • Teacher for the Chicago Public School System
Missionary Irma Harbin has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ over thirty years.
Missionary Irma Harbin earned a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership, American College of Education, Chicago, Illinois.
She has an Endorsement in School Counseling, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois.
She earned a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education, Concordia University, River Forest, Illinois.
She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Columbia College, Chicago, Illinois.
Teacher for the Chicago Public School System
• Competent counseling techniques Motivate students to excel
• Interpersonal relationship with students, staff, parents and community
• Adequate computer skills • Effective communication skills • Great team-player
• Implements engaging and inspiring lesson plans
• Monitors student assessments
• Facilitates standard-based instruction
• Promotes student- centered learning process
• Utilizes technology integration to enhance learning
• Collaborates with colleagues and administration to promote students academic growth
Missionary Irma Harbin is the group facilitator for the S.M.I.L.E. She has also served with the Jail Ministry, the Street Ministry, Home & Foreign Mission, Secretary to the New Members' Class and the Follow-up Committee.
Quincy Rosenthal has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for eighteen years.
Training and coursework attained certificates • Dek 265 GS screen printer Level I and Level II • Panasonic MVIIF Operations and MVIIF Advanced • Panasonic MPAII Operations • Universal GSM Level I Operations and Maintenance • 3COM Overview of Factory Automation and Fundamentals of Industrial Electronics • Military Electronic Technician Class “A” and “C” schools (58 weeks)
Company Name: Mettler-Toledo CIVision
Title - Field Service Engineer
• Responsible for the ownership of a project that includes the successful installation & customeracceptance of our machine vision system at the customer’s facility.
• Conduct system overview training of customers at the time of installation on operation, basic and advanced maintenance of the vision system.
• Provide service and repair maintenance to existing, and legacy vision systems previously delivered, and installed onsite at the customer’s facility.
• Provided technical phone support to customers that is accurate and timely to reduce machine downtime for the customer. Update internal system database with service and repair history for reference
Quincy Rosenthal served in the US NAVY in Norfolk, VA four six years as a Fire Controlman Data Technician
• Accomplished general, preventive, and repair maintenance on the MK-86 Shipboard Gun Fire Control System and Harpoon Missile Fire Control Systems.
• Performed casualty analysis and fault isolation to the component of card level using extensive troubleshooting techniques.
• Wiring experience in the removal and replacement of waveguides, RF connectors, coaxial cables, multiple stranded cables, soldering/de-soldering, heat/cold shrinking, use of pin extraction tools.
Quincy serves as a choir member.
ELDER NATHANIEL WINDOM
Property Committee • Overseer of the Men's Ministry • Faith Buliders
Elder Nathaniel Windom has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for fifty years.
Vernon Price has been a member of Faith Temple Church of God in Christ for thirthy-six years.
Company: Illinois Department of Juvenile Justice
Title - Supervisor
• Supervisor over male youth between the ages of 12 to 18.
• Make certain that the young men complete their day to day assignment and ensure there safety.
Vernon Price served in the United States Marine Corps for eight years and received a Honorable Discharge.
• Vernon also served two years in the Reserves.
Vernon currently serves as a Choir Member, he is on the Youth Committee and a Faith Buliders group leader.
SHARE YOUR VOICE
BOARD OF DIRECTORS VOICE BOX
We never underestimate the power of feedback. You asked and we are listening. Suggestions, compliments, concerns and simply working together, enable us as a church family to grow in grace and excellence both naturally and spiritually. So please, keep the ideas coming! At the heart of every great organization is the desire to listen, communicate and deliver outstanding service.